Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mind The Skirting Boards

Malcolm is a terror. Whizzing down the corridors and popping wheelies in his mobility scooter in the sleepy retirement home in Oswaldtwistle. The Matron is for ever yelling after him to mind the skirting boards.


Not that he hears her - he's as deaf as a post. Mobility Malcolm is available to buy along with the retro Bloomin 70's wallpaper.

I've coloured Malcolm and his transport with Promarkers and added glossy accents over his glasses. Wallpaper is the Bloomin 70's papers which I've turned into wallpaper. Skirting board made by me and the wonderful carpet is actually felt. Pictures I found in my stash.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Ohh La La: A Step Back In Time (just look at the wallpaper!)
Squigglefly: Masculine
Joanna Sheen: Boys Will Be Boys
Oozak: Anything Funny

13 comments:

  1. Hilarious and beautifully done, both artistically and literally!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth this is fantastic I love the way you have made the card look like a room with the peeled paper brilliant and that image is just perfect love it
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card and wonderfully colored! Love how the wallpaper is peeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's too cute and I LOVE that wall paper. Great work. Thanks for sharing with us at Squigglefly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun and so very adorable. I love the old wallpaper cracking!! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love how you colored him, and the wallpaper torn is my favorite! Amazing job! Thanks for playing in the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I love these images and your scene is fabulously done. Makes me smile! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this! The image is great and expertly colored, but the background with the framed pictures hanging on the wall is pure genius! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its me again! Sorry I didn't thank you for including this super fun card in the Squigglefly challenge! It is great and I love seeing it again tonight - still makes me smile makes me miss our Dude Time days a lot). Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun card...
    thanks for joining us at Squigglefly this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Thanks for joining us at OLL.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is some work of art, lovely! Thanks so much for joining us for the Oozak Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La, Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!