Friday 13 April 2012

Simply Create Too - Challenge 11 - Earth Day

It's time for another Simply Create Too challenge and the theme this fortnight is:

Earth Day

I was so lucky to have this particular image that I have used on my card drawn espeically for me by Claire Keay the illustrator behind Jellypark - she drew a series of images for me as my cousin Claire was getting married and I'd been asked to make the special thank you cards.


Although you can't see it - the bride and grooms initals are carved onto the tree trunk with a heart and the tree is scattered with little hearts! I've used Aquamarkers to colour it and then it has been layered up with linen effect cardstock to match the base.

The ribbon is matches all the Wedding Stationery and I've kept the bow the same so it all matches.

I hope you can join in with the challenge - for more details and inspiration please go to Simply Create Too!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie Dust Studio: Ribbon
I Love Promarkers: White on White
My Mums Craft Shop: Celebration
365 Cards: Day 42 - Fill The Card With An Image
Passion for Promarkers: White on White

  • Image: Especially drawn by Claire Keay from Jellypark, coloured with Aquamarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. oh how romantic lol.. i always wanted my name carving in a tree lol
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet to have their initials carved in the tree!
    beautiful card girl :)
    so glad you joined us on 365 cards today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love those neat layers, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, but unfortunately since you've used green ribbon, your card won't be entered into the prize draw, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers though.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh that is one fab card!¨
    Love the image and the design!
    Thank you for joining us at PfP,
    hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!