Wednesday 24 August 2011

Using Scraps!

I am slowly working my way through a rather large shoe box that is full of digi paper scraps - some bits are quite large and some are tiny scraps, but all need to be used!

It's been a while since I entered a Pattie's Creation challenge and the current one is:

Animals or Insects

And you know me - as soon as I saw the word animal I knew I had a Christmas related Pattie's Creation image! I don't think this cute reindeer is available at the moment - have a look in the store here, but I've coloured it with Promarkers and added some glitter glue to the scarf and hat and glossy accents to his nose.

Both papers are from the new Christmas cds from Polkadoodles - Magical Winter and I've used a heart punch to create the scalloped edge.

I had just enough of the papers left over to make another but swopped the colours over. The stamps are from a 99p acrylic Studio G stamp set and the elastic 'ribbon' was on a gift box that my Mum got a while ago -waste not, want not! I've followed the Creative Corner sketch for inspiration.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss: Cute and Cuddly
  • Papers: Magical Winter cd from Polkadoodles
  • Image: Pattie's Creations, coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue
  • Sentiments: Studio G acrylic stamp set
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ruth; love the expression on the reindeer's face! Fab colouring too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just so cute. Love that design and colours and what a cute reindeer. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card the image is gorgeous and I love the papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite Christmas images from my sister Pattie! You colored him perfectly!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Animals OR Insects' Challenge #28, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards! Love the soft colors and that you were able to make two full cards from scraps. Bonus points! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Back!
    Congrats on being picked as one of TOP PICKS at our challenge. Please grab 'Allie's Top Picks Badge' (the Blue one, it's been revised) and place on your sidebar to be eligible for our monthly draw on August 31st.
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your christmas moose is adorable! I love the soft muted colors you chose and the coloring of the moose is PERFECT! The shading really adds depth and dimension. Great card.
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. hope we see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!