Monday 27 June 2011

Fetch A Sketch Challenge 1 - Launch!

Welcome to the very first Fetch A Sketch challenge! Jenny and I have been on pins so we are quite glad today is finally here! We are a bi-weekly Monday sketch challenge and we hope that our sketches will inspire you to create!

For our launch we have two wonderful and very generous sponsors:




Anice has offered the following as a prize:


Papercraft Factory - Dreams Come True cd

Our Betty Clear Acrylic Stamps - Your Special Day

Button Pack - Remember December

And Nikky has offered the following prize:


Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition cd

Fairy Flutterby Rubber Stamp - Gracie

Fru Fru Boutique Ribbons - Reds


If you are familiar with my blog you will know that I design for both Funky Hand and Polkadoodles. For more about each sponsor, just click on their logos above!

For our first challenge there will be two winners. For more details on the challenge please go to the Fetch A Sketch challenge blog.

The sketch that we are asking you to follow is: You can rotate it, flip it, resize it and add embellishments or a sentiment where ever you want, just as long as we can see the elements of the sketch.

For my examples - I've made some teacher thank you cards for Samuel's teachers (how organised am I?!) and I've used elements and papers from Sundae of Seasons from Polkadoodles. These are quite small cards and all are from one sheet of A4 card. I've doodled a faux stiched line around the edge of the card and layers.

The little apple I have decoupaged and added glossy accents to the pips. The little dots are made with 3d Anita's paint and the 'string' is plastic - a bit like the strawberry lace sweets!


Good luck with the challenge - for more details please visit the challenge blog and enter your creation via the blue frog. Closing date for entries is 12noon GMT on Sunday 10 July and the two winners will be announced on Monday 18 July. You can use any of your stash and there is no limit on the number of challenges you can enter.


I'd like to enter my cards into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations: Stitching (real or faux)
Crafts and Me Challenges: Stitches



  • All paperbased elements: Sundae of Seasons from Polkadoodles

  • Plastic string: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ruth and I've not got my thinking cap on for that great sketch.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! and congrats on your new challenge blog! I have printed out the sketch so I can play along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great for teachers. I like your thinking with the strawberry laces. Fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh I thought it looked like strawberry laces! yum! Ace cards as per usual! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!