Thursday 30 December 2010

Pink Winter Birthday

The Lexi's Creations challenge is:

Pink Winter Birthday

So, in my quest to use up all the scraps in my overflowing shoe box (and its a big box as my husband takes size 13!) I managed to find these offcuts which I am sure are from a Funky Hand cd (or maybe two!) The image is from Simple Doodles and I've coloured it with Promarkers. I chopped the loopy bits off the top of the image and added some random bits of black and hot pink ribbon instead to make it more tactile.


The spotty organza ribbon across the centre was a perfect size for the card! I didn't have any more and it was a shame to waste so it had to be used!

I've used a sheet of acetate as the card base which was another light bulb moment - two in one week!!

  • Backing papers: Funky Hand
  • Image: Simple Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love what you did with the image. I tagged you on my blog if you care to participate. Happy New Year my DT sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of scraps! I love the acetate base! Thank you for entering this week's Lexy's Creations challenge. Hugs. Miria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous...something else i keep meaning to try is an acetate card...even bought the acetate to have a go :D Thanks for playing at LC

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - I love your use of ribbon! I have been meaning to use some of my scraps up for aaages, you have given me some inspiration to do so!
    Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations - good luck!

    Lou. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love the ribbon and the layout is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at LC this fortnight.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!