Sunday 19 December 2010

Let It Snow!

I know I said that the Christmas cards were over. Well, they nearly are! I have this one as I could not resist it plus another one basically because I was asked to make one last minute!

This one is for the Tiddly Inks challenge which asks for

Let It Snow

Plus I've used the freebie image on offer (it seemed such a shame not to!) So this is a quick and simple card as the image was pre-coloured. I've used one of my Nestites as a part template for the image and then layered it onto some shiny silver card from my stash.

Jacob picked the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (I was trying to distract him from a right grump!) for the background, so a bit of corner rounding and inking plus a section of fab black and white ribbon I found in my stash along with a confetti snowflake and a gem: the card is complete!

It's not my usual Christmas colour scheme but I like it and I think it works, plus it uses up some of the off-cuts of card I have!

We went sledging yesterday along with a classmate of Jacob's who lives further down the road, so pics of those to follow!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks freebie, pre-coloured
  • Dies: Nesties and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, elegant looking card. Simple but effective. Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Anything with polkadots I'm addicted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he he he!!! loving the grump distraction techniques ruth!!!! gorgeous card too hun thankyou for joining us over on tiddly inks hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image...such a gorgeous and stylish card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple design here. May just case it myself! Great job! thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it....:) the simple look is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple IS fabulous!! Love the embossing - the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks - hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. elegant and perfectly festive!!

    holiday hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!