Friday 24 December 2010

Simple and Cute!

I've missed so many of the Lili of the Valley challenges, mainly due to lack of time! But I'd been sent some of the lovely die cut images by Enfys some time ago and I liked the look of the current sketch challenge, so I went for it!


And made two cards! It seemed a shame not to make both a girl and a boy card! The images are Lili of the Valley and are just so sweet! For both cards I've used similar elements - for the girl card I've used papers from Tinker and Co - Shabby Quilt along with a Martha Stewart punch which I've threaded the ribbon through via another punch I had plus ribbon and seed beads from my stash. The brad was also sent to me by Enfys an age ago!

The matching boy card again uses papers from Tinker and Co but this time Spring Fresh along with a Fiskars border punch, ribbon from Stampin' Up (Tempting Turquoise) and again seed beads and brads from my stash. The large sentiment brad is from Enfys too!


So there you go! Two pretty quick and simple cards to add to the baby box!

  • Images: Lili of the Valley
  • Papers: Tinker & Co Shabby Quilt and Spring Fresh kits
  • Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars and one of mine
  • Boy ribbon: Stampin' Up - Tempting Turquoise
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous baby cards Ruth - really lovely!
    Just popping by to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and may 2011 bring all that you wish for! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet, I love LOTV images, I wish they did more of them as digis.
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful cards Ruth. Merry Christmas, hope you have a lovely time.Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute Ruth
    Have a lovely Christmas
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and what a wonderful way to thread that ribbon.
    Love it.
    Hope you have a happy holiday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!