Friday 31 December 2010

Dude Time Doodles - January New Release & Blog Hop!

It's time for another new release preview for Dude Time Doodles and as always we celebrate this by having a Blog Hop! There is lots going on this month - the new store is launched and as a very special offer to celebrate the New Year there is 11% off your entire purchase! Use the code HAPPY2011 at checkout to get the discount - only one per customer and its good from now until 2 January 2011. Go - what are you waiting for?!!

And there is more! Some of the digi's offered in the store are being turned into clear polymer stamps later in the year! So if you prefer the motion and feel of real stamping, then stay tuned!

Right, onto business! During the Blog Hop you'll see a selection of images used which are the January new releases and all are the quality and humour you'd expect to see! Plus some sentiments and sayings from Sassy Say'n's by Marlooney! If you've never visited her blog, then please do so, but make sure you're not of a nervous disposition and that you are alone as I howl with laughter!!

For my card, I've used Revenge of the Nerd Ned, coloured him with Promarkers and used papers from DCWV - 6x6 Retro Paper Stack. And if you notice he is looking a little odd in colour, that is down to the fact that we'd used a new energy saving bulb in a lamp that has not been switched on for a fair while and it sort of made the colours look different than they did in real life..... hehehe! Poor chap looks like he's not seen the light of day for a while anyway!

You can join in the Blog Hop at any point - just keep going until you come back to your starting point! Leave a comment on each of the Design Team blogs as you just never know which one of us will be the Mystery Hostess this month and one commenter will win one of the new release images!

If you've arrived at me from Cleota then you're doing good! From me you need to hop over to Hetty. And on your way through, make sure you wish Lynn a big warm welcome - she was our recent Guest Designer and we enjoyed her company her so much, we asked her to stay! If you want to start right at the beginning then go to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog! Good luck! And don't forget to leave a comment as you are passing by!

  • Papers: Retro Stack 6x6 papers from DCWV
  • Image: Revenge of the Nerd Ned, coloured with Promarkers

13 comments:

  1. Great card, Ruth and I hope 2011 will bring you more great tings and times! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you mixed and matched backgrounds for this fun card and image.

    Have a happy, prosperous and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a fun geek reminds me of a few boys I went to school with and several medical students I have encounteed in my time, a really fun image.Thanks for taking the time to share and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job in shading Ned - his coloring looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome - and I LOVE your card. That patterned paper is just fabulous and goes perfect with Mr. Nerdy Ned! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't everyone have memories of nerdy boys in school that are like this....come to think about it, still do know a few that look like this! Love the pen ink on the bottom of the pocket! I love your DSP layout. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...your Nerdy Ned is just too cute! I love the pp that you went with...the geometric designs look like something he would so be in to. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ned is definitely a nerd and you did a fantastic job on him! I love the different papers and the way you laid them out. Awesome job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ned was inspired by a boy I went to school with. LOL We fondly referred to him as the "walking encyclopedia". Whenever we would have debates about a subject we would go get "Ned" and get him to referee. LOL

    I love all the little background pieces, reminds me of what must be happening in his little noggin.

    I have the same problem with the new "eco friendly" lite bulbs we purchased. Everything seems yellow. So I have a lamp with a 'regular' bulb - no shade and I use that to light up my area when I'm taking my photos. It seems to help, now if I could just get my pictures straight. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fab job on him, so sweet, love the bg papers !! Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL!!! I love, love, LOVE Nerdy Ned ;o) Brilliant card Hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layers.. I love the dude waving hi...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!