Tuesday 28 December 2010

Cupcake

I found a new challenge site last week whilst blog hopping, well, its a new challenge site to me anyway! It's called CD Sunday challenge and basically you have to use something from a crafting CD. And as I own a fair few, I thought I'd give it a whirl!

The current challenge is:

In Stitches

And I have slightly cheated by making faux stitching around the edges of the card and also one of the Nesties layers. Which is probably neater than if I tried it on the sewing machine! I've used an image from Candy Doodles and the backing papers from Love and Cherish both by Polkadoodles. The cupcake I've printed at A5 size and its layered too, so one full cupcake can be printed onto one sheet of A4 card.

I've added some glitter glue to the bow and also around the Nesties layer. With a bit of inking, the card is completed! I was going to add a sentiment, but could not decide what to add or where it should be placed. So one will be added before I use it. Probably.

  • All paperbased items: Candy Doodles and Love and Cherish CD's from Polkadoodles
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and I love your faux stitching, so neat:)Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Pinky Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable!!! Love how you used tht nestie. Too cute and very yummy looking.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a yummy card and faux stitching is fine. Glad you managed to find us and hope to see you again next week,it's a sponsored one. Thanks for joining in with us this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the stitching. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and so glad you found us. Hope to see you again....and again...
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the stitching, thanks for joining us at CD sunday this week, hope to see you back again soon, Happy New year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby card, thank you so much for joining us at CDS this week. Check out the challenge next week, there's a prize from our sponsor! Happy New Year! Hugs, Anne (CDS DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, so pleased you have found us and thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday. We have more sponsored challenges lined up for 2011 so hope you will join us again.
    A Happy New Year
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!