Friday 4 June 2010

Polkadoodle Challenge Week 22 - Retro Anniversary

It's Friday again so another Polkadoodle Challenge! It is Lou's Wedding Anniversary this week and she has set us the task of making an Anniversary card with a retro feel plus to use some stamping.
I had a little moment when I realised that my printer was out of ink so had to improvise fast! I used a Wedding Favour that I got at my cousins Wedding last year as a template, using linen effect white card. I inked all the edges with a faded black inkpad and then used the Christmas Doodles (for the gift on the tag) and Daisy Doodles stamps.

I also used the sentiment tag from All Around And Everywhere that I had previously printed and not used and added a bit of glitter glue - which as you can see had not dried by the time I took the photo!

I've added some gems to parts of the stamping for added bling. The stamping came out looking a little shabby too, which worked with the edge inking!

To finish off, I've added an eyelet to the tag and some ribbon from my stash.
Good luck if you decide to enter - you have until Sunday 13 June at 12noon GMT to link your entry to the Challenge Blog and please remember that the maximum number of challenges is 10 including Polkadoodles.
  • Template: Used an old Wedding Favour box
  • Stamps: Daisy Doodles and Christmas Doodles
  • Tag: All Around And Everywhere cd
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. I love the daisy doodles stamp, this set is really gorgeous and look so elegant.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that's quick thinking Ruth. Very beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!