Sunday 28 February 2010

Two for One

Now this is an easy sketch for this weeks Papertake Weekly - just how I like them, but it took me all week to get my act together and make a card for it. So when I did, I made two!

I bought the two Jolly Nation decoupage ladies both on one sheet) a while ago and had already layered up the shopping one but didn't do anything with it. So inspiration struck yesterday afternoon (the boys were playing in the back garden having a water fight -I know and its February - bad mother eh?! But it kept them amused for 45 mins!!) and I knocked out these two cards using the above sketch.

The first card uses scraps from my scrap box - Patti Picklicious and a printed vellum which I am suspecting is Huge Funky Love from Funky Hand. The backing papers are actually a lovely pearlescent thick paper from the Scrap Store and I've run them through different Cuttlebug embossing folders.
The next one has a random green backing - one I made earlier for something else and so I can't remember who or what it is! Spotty printed papers are again Patti Picklicious from Kirsty Wiseman. And the green ribbon is not really ribbon but a twill kind of thing and frays just by looking at it!



So two cards to list on my website over the next day and they will also be in the basket of Mothers Day cards at nursery.
  • Backing papers: Various
  • Images: Jolly Nation decoupage
  • Everything else: My stash

PS This will be the first of 3 posts tonight as I forgot to blog some cards yesterday. Doh! And the boys have not come down with hypothermia - nice hot bubble bath after their playing out and then watched Karate Kid on telly. Well, we may not get a summer, so they might as well have a water fight earlier in the year just in case!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your gardener card, great colours and fab ribbon to girlify it a little!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on both of these! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!