Monday 25 January 2010

It's Officially Summer!

Yes! It is officially summer!! And not yet the end of January! No, I'm not loosing my marbles - I've just heard the chimes of an ice-cream van. So it must be summer, right?!

And Valentine's Day has not yet been! This is my entry into the current CRAFT challenge which is a colour challenge of:

Red

Which currently equals Valentines! I've made this (please excuse the very dodgy photo - it was early this morning and I had to use the halogen lights in the kitchen - don't know what happened with the card being lop-sided but I will blame me being tired!) from odds and ends from my stash.

The two red felt hearts are cut with a Sizzix die, there is a red fimo sparkly heart made by me, a punched heart and general buttons, beads and another fab Asda earring just right of centre! The musical heart is punched from music printed vellum.

I think it needs a sentiment, but don't yet know so will add it later. I have Jacob to thank for the buttons on this as he sorted them out for me and picked his favourites! Watch out Lynsey!!!
  • Dies: Sizzix Primitive Hearts
  • Fimo heart: Made by me
  • Everything else: My stash

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how unusual i really like it! oh and if its summer could you tell my snow to go away please lol

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!!!!! Just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, great use of materials. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card Ruth, its gorgeous! I'm so glad its officially summer, maybe i could take off one of my 3 jumpers now?? :) Hope you are having a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great button selection! I think you have a crafter in the making there! Thanks for the kind words on my blog... re the Queen & Co brads... I found a big lot on ebay once at a bargain price & just couldn't ignore it, so I can just about bear to give one away! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along in our Red challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Fab card Ruth - great combination! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL, oh I do love your textured hearts, its such a simple idea and youve done them so beautifully.

    Its so refreshing to see a card maker with such a fresh unique style - keep it up it's stunning!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!