Monday 2 November 2009

Three For The Price of One!

When I first saw the sketch on Carol's Fun Challenge blog I didn't know what to do with it and to be honest I was in awe of her wonderful sample and didn't think I'd do the sketch justice.


However, a weekend free of the boys and all that time to craft, I had a rethink and got out all my Christmas stash and I made these three in just over 2 hours, which is a record for me as it normally takes me about 3 hours to make one!

The blue one has papers from Mad About Cards, the word is actually a tree decoration, ribbon is from my stash and I've used a Martha Stewart punch.


The next one I've used Papermania 'Wonderful Christmas Time' 6 x 6 papers along with red raffia, gems from my stash and a fantastic chipboard embellishment from the Poundshop last year. Another Martha Stewart punch - double scallops I think it's called.
And finally, the three gold snowflakes are actually parcel fasteners which I bought in the January sales from Marks & Spencer - anything that sparkles or looks vaguely Christmassy in the sales will always come in for cardmaking! Papers again are from Mad About Cards and the ribbon was a bargain buy - its more like fabric than ribbon and I bought a full spool of it for £1!
So there you go - I'm really quite pleased with my efforts! Needless to say the peace and quiet of the weekend is shattered as the boys are back and I now have to fit the crafting in around them and the day job!
  • Backing papers: Mad About Cards downloads and Papermania 'Wonderful Christmas Time' 6 x 6 pad
  • Embellishments: Sparkly Joy - Sainsbury's Christmas decoration, Chipboard Joy - Poundshop, Gold Snowflakes - Marks & Spencers
  • Punches: Both Martha Stewart
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. three fabulous cards Ruth and another 3 for the Chrissy card box..hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, fab, fab! Love those double scallops and what you did with the ribbon on the third card. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Ruth! I'm very honoured that you made three different ones! especially as i have been such a bad bloggy friend lately!!
    so sorry i've not been over till now...i've cut my hours now so will hopefully have a bit more 'hopping' time...you will be pleased to hear i am gradually getting away from that evil boss of mine!!!!
    I LOVE the reindeer one! :)

    good luck for the draw later...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful Ruth.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!