Friday 20 November 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 27 - Sketch & Non Male Theme

It is Friday again, so it is another Polkadoodle challenge! The weeks really are beginning to fly by and to be quite honest (and I'll say this quietly) I'm sick of making Christmas cards!

So how pleased was I when Nikky challenged the Polkadoodle Design Team to use the sketch below, to use Not For Girls cd and to make a Girlie card!!!

However, the challenge for all of blogland this week is to use the sketch and the theme of brown.


So here is my creation! I've used the brick effect paper as the main backing from Not For Girls, overlaid it with one of the 'textured' plain papers, added a sentiment strip also from the cd and printed off my own little girlie birdie and coloured her with watercolour pencils to match the colour theme.


If you look really closely, you can just about make out two little diamond gems in the corner of her sunglasses! The ribbon is from my stash and does actually match the colour scheme quite well, just the lighting in the kitchen skews it a little. The charm is a recent purchase (along with a few others!) from ebay.

So there you have it! This week's challenge is open until Sunday 29 November at 12noon GMT and as always there is a prize for the winner! For more details and to see the rest of the DT creations, pop over to the challenge blog.

I'd like to say a big big goodbye to the very lovely Saskia who has stepped down from the Polkadoodle Design Team. Her creations are wonderful and I will certainly miss her and her never ending support. Good luck Saskia!!

  • All paperbased elements: Not For Girls cd
  • Image: Not For Girls cd coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Everything else: My stash

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!