Tuesday 3 November 2009

Plain Peace

Sometimes the most simplest of cards take an age to make! This one, which this week Charisma Cardz asks for:

No Backing Papers

Took me a while to think about and much shuffling of embellishments and embossing folders until I finally came up with this. The embellishment is actually a tree decoration from the sale at Sainsbury's in January (I've got another Peace and two Noel's left!) which has been glued to a vintage red pearlescent card which has been through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.


The burgundy ribbon is actually a much closer match in real life and I did a lot of faffing with the knot until it looked right. Not sure I'd actually be able to replicate it again, but it looks the part!

  • Card: From my stash
  • Embellishment: January Sale at Sainsbury's - Christmas tree decoration
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
  • Ribbon: 10p from Blackburn market

3 comments:

  1. very classy and elegant...hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant and stunning card.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth the faff!! Fab card
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!