Sunday 15 November 2009

It's Going To Be A Digi Christmas!

If you've not already heard, some brand new Christmas Digi Stamps have been released today - Anice at Funky Hand has worked her magic again and has produced some wonderful little digi images perfect for Christmas!

And yes, you heard right - digi stamps and not papers!

I've made samples using just the snowflake image - there are 6 different snowflakes and 4 festive themed images in the download bundle and all for £1.99. The images can be re sized and printed off as large or small as you like by using a simple graphic package within Microsoft.

The Design Team have produced some stunning samples - so pop on over to Funky Hand to have a look!

I've enlarged the snowflake image and printed it onto two different papers from the Blue Christmas Word Book download (I've used the complementary papers) - the snowflake underneath on the card guides the top snowflake. I've outlined both images with blue felt tip and the dotty snowflake has been embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I've added seed beads for detail.

The following six cards all follow the same theme and use papers from different collections on Funky Daze. I was determined to use the wonderfully swirly papers somehow! Not traditional coloured Christmas cards but I think quite striking!

The snowflakes were re sized and printed onto white hammered card. They have been inked and then a fine black dotty edge and one in gold added. These have been layered onto one of the plain coloured papers with the collection, again inked, thin black line added and also a dotty one.

All backing edges have been rounded, inked and then a fine black line doodled. I've added what ever ribbon from my stash matched (spot the one where the ribbon was not quite long enough but I was determined to use it anyway!) 3 gems down the edge have been added and the same coloured one in the centre of the snowflake.




These were actually quite quick to make once I got going and I am liking the contemporary feel!

  • Digi images: Christmas Digital Images from Funky Hand
  • Blue papers: Blue Christmas Word Book download from Funky Hand
  • Bright and Bold papers: Funky Daze cd from Funky Hand

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!