Sunday 20 September 2009

Birthday Dino for Jack

Nearly ran out of time with this one, but could not resist this sketch from my fab Funky Hand DT mate Carol! This is challenge 14 sketch: And I used one of the other images I coloured whilst at Isabel's Birthday party. The image, again, is Dustin Pike (such fab stuff for boys!) which I've coloured with watercolour pencils.

The backing papers are from the Craft4Charity collection Anice designed a while ago and I must say, one of my favourite collections from Funky Hand!


I've inked all the edges and doodled a fine black line around them too. The letters have been cut with a Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet set. And it's for a friends little boy Jack who will be 6 in October - see how organised I am!! I met Liz and Jack's Mum, Karen, when we were heavily pregnant - we were all having our first child and it was the most relaxed anti-natal class ever (I only actually went to this one, so it has a high estimation in my opinion!) and we had a good laugh. We've remained good friends and keep in touch with fairly regular curry nights!


Anyway, back to the card - the blue backing is actually printed vellum. Which I like, so I've used!
  • Backing papers: Boys and Girls Craft4Charity collection by Funky Hand
  • Image: Dustin Pike, coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Dies: Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet

3 comments:

  1. one super cute Dino and I love your letters done with the spotty papers...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab fun card - he's sure to love it! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good with these dinosaurs!!Love the stars and the spotty letters too :)
    Thanks for playing along with my sketch...need to get another sorted for Wednesday!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!