Friday 10 July 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 8 - Get Well Soon!

It's Friday again! And that can only mean another Polkadoodle Challenge! Pop over to the blog to see who made the top three - there are downloads for the winners!

This week, the Team were asked to make a get well card with some sort of bug on it from Sugar Birdies and to use an alternative to ribbon.

I immediately thought of a green background with the words - 'Feelin' Off Colour' (green = off colour, geddit?!) and a very large Lulu Ladybird.

I've used a Plain Jane backing paper from Sugar Birdies along with the co-ordinating spotty paper which I've cut using my Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet dies and I've doodled dots around the edges. Lulu Ladybird has been carefully cut out. Well, until I got to her antenna as I cut through them, so she has some new ones made from wire and card circles.

I glitter glued her whiteness with light sparkly glitter glue and then sprinkled some coarse green glitter over the top. The alternative to ribbon is raffia, and I've added a red card candy to the centre.


And this must be a first for me! Decorating the inside of a card! I've used a Lulu background, in keeping with the green theme and added one of the sentiment toppers which I've hand written and coloured with watercolour pencils.

Hope you are able to join in with this weeks challenge - we are always overwhelmed with the standard and it never ceases to amaze us what creativity lies out there in blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!