Friday 12 June 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge #4 - Sketch

It's Friday once again, and that can only mean that there is another challenge set over on the Polkadoodle challenge blog!

Thank you to all those who have entered the challenges so far - as part of the Design Team, I can tell you that we are all delighted to have so many people playing along! The standard of entries is also very high and its a difficult decision to pick our top three each week!

It's Week 4 and again its another sketch, but one with a twist! The sketch is below, but head over to the blog to see what the rules are!

The Design Team had to use Lulu the Ladybird stampies for our samples and on mine I've added 3. The base card stock is A4 white hammered card which has a backing sheet printed onto it and then I've shaped the card to fit the sketch. All edges have been inked in black and red ink along with the paper printed flowers - the top layer is vellum and for some reason does not take too well to being inked - it looks like I've been eating chips and left grease marks!

I've added a bit extra doodling on the sentiment backer and also on the little flowers. The centres of the larger flowers have been tied with some wonderful plastic laces that I found in SAMMS scrap store on my last visit and I was more than chuffed to find that the three colours matched the flowers perfectly!


All elements on this card (except the plastic laces) are featured on the Sugar Birdies cd which is due for release very soon.

4 comments:

  1. OOooooooo
    I do like this,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Ruth & the flowers look fab printed onto vellum . . must give that a go.

    Have a great weekend,

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving this one Ruth...those gorgeous vellum flowers..Big Hugs Kath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!