Saturday 6 June 2009

In Search of The Yellow T-Shirt

Thursday morning was a little fraught. Samuel had come home from school to tell us that it was Sports Day on Friday morning and that he needed a yellow t-shirt for his house colours.

So on the way to nursery, Jacob and I popped into Asda for a yellow t-shirt. No chance. Dropped Jacob off at nursery then decided to try Sainsbury's. Yippeee!! They had a plain yellow one, but had to buy the corresponding yellow and brown stripy ones too, but all three were only a fiver, so not too bad!

So Friday morning came. I took the day off work so I could go and watch Samuel. Jacob is not at nursery on a Friday, so he came along too. Whilst we were waiting, Jacob did a few rolls down the hill at the side of us....

The school field is actually quite big and there were a lot of different events taking place, but some of them I couldn't get close to see, so here are the highlights!

Samuel actually did quite well in the three-legged race with his team mate! Much better than some of the older children!


And there was an agility jumping / balancing event too. It made me think of Allison and her doggies doing the see-saw and pole weave!

Then there was a standing long jump. Now I hadn't realised that I'd taken such a corking photo of Samuel mid flight until I got home and put them on the pc!


So there you have it. And I don't know which team won.



1 comment:

  1. well it doesn't matter who won...just as long as they all had lots of fun....and hey you have quite an athlete there...enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Hugs kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!