Saturday 10 January 2009

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere!

Now I'm not usually a big fan of using a lot of glitter (despite owning quite a lot of it!) so thought I'd attempt this challenge to see what I came up with. The Cupcake Challenge this week is:


This weeks challenge is Glitter!
I want your creation to have glitter and sparkle on it. You can go for heaps of it or just a tiny amount. It's up to you!


I'd already stamped the image (one of my new stamps as I thought it was about time I bought some Forever Friends ones rather than using the stickers all the time!) and I really do like the little A7 brown notebook. So have used a page out of the notebook, added two gold eyelets, threaded some red grosgrain ribbon through and tied a single sided bow at one side (it isn't attached to anything so its single sided!)



All edges have been inked and chalked and I've coloured the image with watercolour pencils. The red glitter is a mixture of some lumpy glitter glue that I found in my stash, some loose glitter (which once dried fell off everywhere!) and sealed with gel glue.
Couldn't think of a not-too-sickly-sweet sentiment, so that's why its blank!
  • Backing paper: A7 notebook sheet
  • Image: Forever Friends coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Ribbon & eyelets: From stash

7 comments:

  1. lovely work, i really like the edge on your design

    sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabbylicious....and I love that red glitter heart...love how you used the notebook page with the ribbon
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card - thanks for joining in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely Ruth, the looks great
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this one Ruth! hope you have had a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, how creative and funky is this. And I have that little notebood (thank you), so off to steal your idea now. Stampy goodies in the mail to you
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!