Monday 4 August 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge 45 - Blue

Once again, I'm starting the week off on a roll! Been a busy bee this weekend not only with a number of card orders but creating cards for challenges. I think I'm becoming addicted! However, I see it as getting cards made in a style that I probably would not have done plus I'm beginning to try and do the challenges as Christmas cards! I know, and its only August!!

Right, the first challenge I've gone for this week is the Arty Girlz Challenge. I came across this whilst blog hopping.

This weeks challenge is to have the colour BLUE as your main feature on your creation.
As always you choose the format so you could make an atc, card, maybe a scrapbook layout with Blue in the title or you could even bake a cake and use blue icing .... it is completely up to you.
I'd already water coloured this Tilda image a week or so ago so I was wanting to use it on something. The backing papers are from Now Thats Funky cd - Cold Snap colour collection. I printed them at A5 size as I wanted a small pattern. The image has been added to the card with 3d foam pads so she stands out a little. The papers have been dotted with silver gel pen just to provide an 'edge'. The ribbon was another 10p bargain bundle from Blackburn market and the flower I found in my stash (I think it came from Lynsey and her recent clear out). The opaque sentiment was a freebie from a magazine a month or so ago.

  • Image: Tilda hand coloured with watercolour paints
  • Backing paper: Cold Snap collection from Now Thats Funky cd
  • Ribbon: Navy blue grosgrain from Blackburn market
  • Flower: From my stash
  • Sentiment: Freebie from a magazine

6 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic and you've coloured the image perfectly

    Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

    Julie & Crissi

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work, your card it excellent

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really lovely card.
    Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gee whizz...again I am only missing for a day and you've been madly creating - another stunner and great colour work on your image
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour work Ruth. This is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!