Monday 2 June 2008

Sunday

As the weather was fine (or it was when we set off) we decided to go to Witton Park in Blackburn so the boys could have a run around and to look at the animals there.

Jacob quite likes the swings!

And here is one of the rabbits. I've never seen a rabbit so big! The picture is quite deceptive as there is nothing to compare it against, but it was a big rabbit!!

Unknown to us before we set off, there was a festival being set up for the day with a lot of different stalls. Samuel and I ventured into the tombola tent and we won a new Morgan pink purse for me and a fab tin of Roses!! All for the princely sum of £1!
I also spied some fuchsia hanging baskets. I have hanging baskets every year. I did used to grow everything myself from seed but just don't have the time these days although I usually buy the little plants and grow them on myself. However these hanging baskets were a bargain - £6 each or 2 for £10.


So I got 2 and it was a bit of a struggle to carry them both, heard the kids, carry the chocolates and try and rush as it had started to pour down! But I think the hanging baskets look fab!
And in the afternoon, I made some cards using the Shabby Saturday download from Funky Hand. Pics of those cards to follow later in the week!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you all had a great day out and yes the hanging baskets are gorgeous. I haven't got round to getting mine organised yet......tomorrow is another day that is my motto and before I know the summer's gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an idyllic day!! And the baskets are lovely! The pic of Jacob in the swing is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!